I am Sorry Dana, OGE here, I tried to delete the second post of the double posting and I ended up wiping out both. I apologize and will not attempt such forays on your posts in the future. (This message has been edited by a staff member.)

Our council has it's own Venture Leaders Roundtable and Sea Scout Boardroom meetings at the council level. However, crews and ships still are organized under a commissioner at the district level. Some crews are becoming really active in the district like helping with cub scout day camp and camporees. However, many scout units are actually against the older scouts hanging around because they are afraid they will steal their membership.

In my old council, our ship was attached to a pack and troop. Most of the older scouts were also in the ship. The ship ran the packs raingutter raggatta, the district winteree, and provided campmaster duties at other district events. We also hosted a "shipwreak" wilderness survival weekend for boy scouts. At events held in town, the law enforcement explorers provided traffic control and security. That was an ideal situation and one that I have not seen in recent years.