What do you do when the crew advisor, claims to be following the book, but others can see that he/she is not. This is especially hard when he plays favorite with 1 venturer in the crew.

It has been brought to his attention several times and he doesn't think anything is wrong and when this venturer causes a problem, the advisor doesn't notice it.

Any help on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Eagle 1984 : Maybe bring this issue up to the attention of the Crew Committee Chair, first is the offending Venturer related to him/her? If this Venturer is related to the advisor he may be reluctant to see what is wrong. Also if bringing this incident up to the Crew Committee, then try the chartering organization. It is the chartering organization's crew really. Also mention it to a Unit Commissioner if there is one for the crew. Hope this information helps good luck.

Hi Dave,

Good to see you're all moved and back on line. Went to Lake Geneva and the LBPU this past wekend. Met the Sea Scouters from your old area. A great group they are.

I took my trusty 1st Mate with me and the first person we see as we're walking to registration is one of my fellow "training junkies" from Powderhorn. One year we meet in Kentucky, last week in Wisconsin, what's next?

TP

• 2 weeks later...

BW,

We have informed the DE, Venturing Commissioner,Distrct Commissioner. The Male advisor has befriended a male scout and sees nothing when this venturer is involved. Monetary issues got involved and the advisor brought in the Executive Officer, completely going over the head of the Crew CC and the committee and recently sent a letter out to Crew Adults and parents informing everyone that he wants no one's help at meeting as the crew youth will run everything themselves.

The advisor has also stated theta he has been in contact with National about the 2 deep policy and he has informed the adults that National says it is okay for 1 adult at meetings and outings.

Can you help me out, because we(the committee), want to remove him or have him resign as Advisor.

He is partially correct. Only one adult is required for the meeting as long as he is NEVER in a situation where is is one on on with a youth member.

BUT, what he is failing to aknowledge is that the unit belongs to the Charter organization and if they say there are two be two or a hundred adults present then he needs to accept that.

If I were a a responsible for the assets of a charter organization I would never allow for only one adult to be present anytime there was youth involved in a function of the organization.

If the Charter Organization Institutional Head or Charter Organization Representative want a leader out of the unit or out of a specific position, they only need to say so, there is no reason needed. The CO owns the unit and determines its leadership.

Hi, I'm my Council's Venture Training Chair. Might I jump into this thread? (Even if I promise to try and not post my message twice?)

While I agree with BobWhite, you really should consider that you need four (4) adults at any gathering. If only to make it so they know what's going on during outings. I understand that four is a bunch, and yes that may mean that you have almost as many adults as youth.

Here's the reasoning... If you are co-ed (and let's face it, that is one of the main draws for Venturing among the youth) and you a situation with a young lady, which one of the former short & knee sock leaders are you going to have help her? (I realize I'm being vague, doing that on purpose) Oh you've decided that both need to help... OK who's going to stay with the rest of the crew?

Just trying to give more fuel for the concept that one adult just isn't going to get the job done. Plus with one doing it, it won't belong until he's burned out. That kind always does. The long term leader is not worried about getting help, and using them... Just my two (2) cents worth :p