Dear Dr BS:

Such an appropriate name! From time stamps on all the messages you posted, it appears you wasted about an hour tacking all those messages on the various threads. While it may have seemed like a good idea at the time, please consider the time wasted by all the folks who track the various threads. Most of these folks are adult leaders who are either trying to improve their own units or who are trying to help others. You may also want to consider the wasted system resources from Scouter.com

A Scout is Courteous

A Scout is Thrifty

Hmmmmm...

I can appreciate that you are very proud of your crew and it's web site. Frequently, units use this board to announce new web sites, or even to get help setting one up. They usually get a lot of support from the members. Right now, you've only annoyed a lot of people.

The other guys who posted above me are more respectful and polite than my heart tells me to be.

I will, however, follow their excellent example of the Scout Law in action and not knock your head around the room as I so very much desire to do.

I, too, applaud your pride in your crew. However, I would like to point out that I spend my personal time (and I have precious little of that) on these boards trying to answer the very real concerns some folks have who also do not wish to call their local council officials to answer. I consider this my service project that I truly enjoy.

If you want tips on how to improve your crew or have questions that need an answer from the collective wisdom of these boards, please do ask. If you want to advertise, please go through proper channels.

Please do keep your pride in your unit. I'm sure it's deserved. But please don't yell "fire" in this here movie theatre (which is what you're doing when you post so many irrelevant times.)

There are a lot of great guys and gals on this board who are here to help. Why would you want to make us angry?

I'd love to see an answer.

DS

Please note that I did say "please." That means it's still only a request.

I had filed a complaint with the Scouter staff and that member has been blocked. Hopefully they learn a lesson from it. It is a nice website, but made a waste of time from most people on the forums.

DS, I too enjoy reading your answers and other opinions and learn something new each time I get on.

Thanks, Hops. It's always good to know when your services are appreciated. While I'm at it, thanks for thanking the veterans. They seemed to appreciate it as well.

I know you're interested in military service. If it doesn't work out, however, feel free to give me a call about the professional service of the Boy Scouts of America. I'll try to steer you in the direction you need to go.

However, I think the military service of the United States of America is a fine way to go for a young man. Just do us all a favor and never forget the Scout Oath and Law.

DS

Hops -- I hope you don't mind me calling you that. If so, please let me know what you'd like to be called and you've got it.

I'm glad you'll remember the Scout Oath and Law. I don't doubt it. As far as I'm concerned, they contain some of the most powerful words in the English Language.

Good luck to you in the future.

DS