Venturing Uniform Idea--unoriginal

Why doesn't the Venturing uniform have a long-sleeve option? I know the old Exploring uniforms came in both long and short sleeved varieties. I know Venturers are outdoors, and the short sleeved is great for that, but when I get awarded something or are going for a Board of Review I'd like something with sleeves!

I personally have two uniforms for Boy Scout activities,and I know how valuable they can be. The short-sleeved shirt with religious knot for meetings, etc. And a long-sleeved with my medals and service stars for Courts of Honor, Boards of Review, etc. (the stars get in the way and get too hot for everyday wear).

One more little rant, I hope you guys laughed as hard as I did when you saw the cost of Venturer pants in the catalog...were they joking?(This message has been edited by Venturer2002)

Try ebay and look for an old explorer long sleeve shirt. You can buy a "venturing bsa" strip at your local shop and they also have them at national supply. You can wear an official shirt as long as it is serviceable.

Our crew voted to wear swat black pants under $30 (not on sale). Lots of pockets and high quality tough pants, we wear then either on the trail or at meetings.

• 5 months later...

Hops, they most likely are, but they are not camo. BDU style pants are worn by many other organizations besides the military. Look at www.propper.com. They sell military, police, etc. BDU's from kid's thru adults. They even make a version that are shorts. Camo is what most people consider the big no no, not the functionality of the pants. A black pair of BDU pants isn't going to be confused with military camo.

• 1 month later...

Our Crew went with the Green shirt and "wheat" colored "khakis" ( is that redundant? I know black Khakis is an oxymoron, yet I hear people ask for them)based on the concept they wanted a more uniform look than blue jeans, but also it happened we all had wheat dockers (or equivalent)

Not to say blue jeans are wrong, its all what the crew decides

• 4 weeks later...