• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I know that when I ran the district banquet, in addition to paying the rental fee and awards, we gave out top TCDL, top CSDL, Top WDL, Top ACM, top CM, ad nauseum up to the DAM. about 14 awards in all if memory serves.

Plus we had to buy supplies for serving the food, i.e.plates, cups, etc. Drinks, programs, and table cloths and stuff for table decorations.

It does add up fast.

Also in my neckof the woods, the awards banquet money that is a surplus going into training.

Not trying t hijack the thread.

HWMBO used to chair the Council Recognition Dinner.

After I'd received the Silver Beaver, I sent out a letter to all other Silver Beaver recipients asking if they would like to donate some money to offset the cost of the awards. -It worked out well.

Now every year I receive the letter I wrote! Signed by whoever the chair is that year.

I chuckle every year.

Think that letter might be around long after I'm dead and gone.

Ea.

"Eamonn. I think in the trade that's known as leaving a legacy, at least you know you will have one"

Thanks OGE.

Kinda looks like my legacy will be that of a Beggar.

Come to think of it my dear sainted mother called me a "Little Beggar" When I was a little fellow and in her bad books - Which looking back was far more often than not!

Ea.