quality unit applications

As COR that puts the ball squarely in your court. You are a member of the District, and Council Committees. Bring this up to them. Make a difference.

At least try.

Or would you rather just complain to us, here, than to actually do something to change this practice?

In principle, its wrong. But at the end of the day, does it affect your units mission? I dont see how.

If this is a cause you want to take on, then do. I seem to recall the CC having to sign the Quality Unit paperwork, cant remember how that changed with Centennial. I might be a little more upset about someone signing something they shouldnt have, if that was the case.

Quality District/Council status really only benefits the pros and maybe a couple District folk looking for a few more attaboys.

As a COR you have a place to make complaints like this known. In general, it sounds like you are unhappy with the pros in your council anyways so go for it.

Abel - what Council are you in?

to answer your question - "Can a unit earn the CQU award without..." Apparently the answer is yes, in your council at least.

So, answer my question - what council are you in? When we know that answer, we can direct you to the people who can actually help.

Abel,

If you are "addressing" your council issues, how can we help you if you won't help us - help you?

The people who can actually begin the help would be the Area and Regional Commissioners. These individuals have a direct line to the Area and Regional Director - who is a professional scouter you can trust.(This message has been edited by ctbailey)

Can the application simply be filled out by the Scout office without any signatures from the unit's membership?

As a District Commissioner Ive turned in the Quality Unit Award for a unit without a signature from the unit.

Ive talked with one of the unit leaders on the phone (or thru email) and noted on the application that this was how it was filled out.

Our Council is OK with this.

Ive instructed my UCs that this is OK for them to do also.

Sometimes trying to get together in-person just doesnt work out and this is the only way to get it done.

However, I would not do this without talking with someone from the unit and I wouldnt put it past some DEs to just fill out the applications to make their performance goals