Your thoughts on honor camping

Boy, did you guys get it wrong! No, it is not boy led, but boy participation is very strong. Anyone who is active in Mic-O-Say knows that. Nominations are not only by members, however, it isn't public knowledge how nominations are done, nor will I share it with you, because of the number of boys I know visit this site. The Tribal Council is basically a committee of adults that works with the boys, councils youth, and take care of the "back side". You know, like OA has adults at the national level. Again, none of the boys that are in it feel cheated by the adult involvement. I dont know where those numbers of active participants at the various ages come from; but only sixty-fve eightteen year olds? There are more than that standing around at any ceremony! OA and Mic-O-Say started around the same time. H. Roe Bartle wouldn't let National change the program and they went with OA. I am a member of both OA and Mic-O-Say, and while it is true that OA didn't get off the ground here, it was mainly a split due to the state line. Kansas troops went to Camp Naish and did OA, Missouri troops went to Bartle and did Mic-O-Say. OA involvement is growing by leaps and bounds on the Missouri side of Kansas City, and more and more people are in both. The only conflict is with people who feel like you have to choose. The main conflict is you have to go to camp at Bartle to do Mic-O-Say. OA offers opportunities throughout the year. Most of us feel that both programs compliment each other. I know there is still some hard feelings between the two camps, but even that is not like it used to be. I wish you all could come and see Mic-O-Say. The same dedicated Scouters are in both.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic