Eagle2000 and wife,

Greetings again!

Depending on the distance. I still believe you and your child visiting and having dinner with the district volunteers and SE would be a good thing. But re-reading your question again.

It is a common courtesy to extend an invitation to immediate family for any monumental event (such as entering a new career). Family members are traditionally invited to graduation ceremonies, swearing in ceremonies, social club recognitions and etc. Depending on the wording of the invite (what was said and how it was said), it could just be a simple extended invitation.

In my past, I've worked in some offices that seemed to really care about the "entire family" concept; and I've worked in other offices that could care less about the employee's life and needs, and regarding employee's families as "extra baggage". Employees were sometimes just numbers, manpower and resources.

Now, I certainly would not want to work for any company that told me, "come to the dinner, but leave the family at home". And Mrs Crew21_Adv would tell me it is time to look towards another career field if my boss felt that way.

Still, hopefully Eagle2000 nails the job, and you support him in his new career!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21_Adv

As District Chairman I have sat in on two of these dinner meetings with people who are under consideration for a DE spot and a Field Director spot

Both times the person got the job and both times I felt that me being there was more window dressing than anything else.

The DE who was hired was not married, so of course he came alone.

The FD was married and had four or five very young children so I never met his wife.

If I were a betting man I'd say that the odds look good.

Ea.

• 2 weeks later...