I am looking for ideas for fun on Rainy days at camp. My goal is to come up with a few activities that are good enough that the scouts will ask for them on dry days and be told no, that's for rain days only.

You can take as a given that there is plenty of tarped over areas or other shelter available but that the scouts will be in close quarters.

I'd like to limit the size of the equipment to one box or tote. But feel free to include any food items that we could pick up at a local market.

So what can you come up with?

Games? Skits? Special food items? Crafts? Maybe even that includes getting wet? Any others?

Hot and wet = get wet and ignore the rain.

Cold and wet

MB work with lots of books etc (they might read them if they cannot move around) - worked for us last camp. Sounds a bit tedious but my Scouts got right into it!

Provide a long bit of wire, an egg (raw), match, candle. Get the Scouts to boil water in the shell getting no closer then 18 inches to the candle.

Make boats out of available sticks etc and race them in the run off.

When it rained and rained and ...

At the last Jamboree, some of the Scouts had long rolls of plastic sheeting, which with the aid of some dish soap made great slides.

At a camporee we used this idea adding a relay format, on a hill side.

You do need to go over the area to make sure that is safe, clear of items that might cause harm.

The Scouts had the option of wearing swimming trunks, and we had them remove their shoes and socks. Relay was to carry a small bucket of water from one end of the course to the other, empty the bucket into a larger one. You could see which team had the most. We were happy to hear how much the Scouts were laughing.

We had warned them before hand and warned them about the soap, in case of skin allergies.