Do members of the District Committee need to live within the district?

I don't think so, but am not sure. We have members on our committee who do not reside within the district boundaries. In fact, in our council we have four "non-geographic" districts which serve special populations council wide.

My husband and I are on the District committee, we don't live in the district.. Other then the expense of gas and travel time to get to what is a "central" meeting place for everyone in the district, there is no issue.

My husband is still attached to the troop we joined that was in the district, but even that might end soon. He is thinking about a new troop, and it may or may not be in this district. Were kindof located where there is the district we live in and two other districts about a 30 minute drive away.

Nope it's not where you live that matters. I was on a DisCom, yet lived in a neighboring district. I also knew folks who were registered on a DisCom, yet lived in another council, including 1 DE! Also knew 2 folks on the council exec board who lived OOC.

My council consists of 3 districts. At one point my Venturing Crew was in one district, my Boy Scout Troop was in another and I physically lived in the third. Now that I am no longer involved in Venturing, I'm down to two districts.

I haven't lived in the same district as my Boy Scout Troop for the past 17 years.

Where I live has had no impact on my BSA responsibilities and I would think that if asked to serve on the district committee, saying I don't live in the district would be sufficient justification to disqualify me. :)

Stosh