Our recharter packets are also initially handed out at Roundtable. Our roundtables are fairly well attended, by Cub Scout leaders, Venturing Advisors, Boy Scout Leaders and also by Commissioners. We have an informational joint session for the first 15 minutes, where things like Recharter packets, FOS ribbons, sales commission checks, Scouter Awards and other various sundry things are take care of.

Not to hijack the thread, but why would a CC be expected NOT attend roundtable? Our programs (CS, BS and Venturing) cover material applicable to most leaders regardless of position. Our CSRT even has a special 15 minute break out session just for CM and Committee Members. BSRT covers topics of BS program, and we have many committee members attending alongside of SMs and ASMs. The monthly district Commissioners meeting immediately preceeds RT, so any packets which are not picked up by units, are easily passed to UCs.

For our district, it is easy to see the strong and weak units. Just go to Roundtable. Those units who don't regularly have someone in attendance are likely struggling, not participating in District organized activities. Our combined RT usually has right at 100 in attendance.

In our council, the recharter period runs from January to December. The District Executive tries to pass out recharter packets at the October roundtable to any units that have representatives there. Not having been to a roundtable myself, I don't know what the attendance is, but having spoken with other unit leaders, I suspect it's pretty sparse. Then, the DE makes arrangements to drop off the packets with the unit leaders. The rechartering is mostly online, but the signed recharter and leader applications need to be turned in to the DE. The units are supposed to be done by the end of November. The timing is bad on this, as it is about the same time as the popcorn sale. The second week of December the DE or the District Commissioner sends emails to the unit leaders that haven't turned in their packets. If it's not in by the beginning of January, the DE will track down the unit leaders and fill out the paperwork for them. I assume that in units with a functioning committee chair, the unit leader will pass on the packet to the CC for completion.

We are rechartering now, with out charter due by December 15. We generally receive our new cards and documentation by early February (6 to 8 weeks after we turn in). We also have had some move up on the due dates but only by a few weeks.