Changing the "Institution Head" in the system

I'm a chartered rep for the units sponsored by my Kiwanis Club. Each year the president of our club changes in October (and therefore the Institution Head for the chartered units also changes). I like to get the Council's records updated with the new IH before our units start their recharter processes so they have the right info on their reports.

In past years, I vaguely recall filling out a new adult app for the IH, but I can't remember for sure in the haze of all the other scouting stuff I do. I checked the current adult app and there's no position code for IH, so I'm probably wrong in my recollection.

What's the right way to get the records updated? Our registrar is out of the office at training this week, or I'd just ask her.

For years we've had some guy listed at IH who no one knows. Our COR seems to think he may have been head of the Men of the Church at one time.

Every year we scratch through his name on the recharter and list the name of the Sr. minister. Over the past five years the church has gone through some leadership changes so I don't think we've had the same signature on the paper work twice.

I've yet to find anyone who seems to be concerned and certainly no on has questioned it. I don't sweat it anymore.