At the unit level, what are the current positions?

I only know of ASM, SM, COR, CC and committee member.

Is there currently a position for a parent who wants to be a registered adult but not have one of those roles? Perhaps this new PA role is to fill that gap.

Has anyone notice the "FastStart" package that you are supposed to buy for around $250? According to thier site, it is for "Council" but I think it is for District. Each Unit is supposed to buy one.

Thier site points to http://scoutparents.lawrenceprinting.com/ which is under construction as of today. (Guess it is getting ready for the surge of orders if/when National tells people.)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that was brought up by Keith was the the Parent Coordinator, while a committee position, could be multiple registered as an assistant leader in the same unit. I did not have this in writing, so I did not want to post it here. I now see that a new revision of the adult application is online

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/28-501F.pdf

Here is what it says about the parent coordinator:

No one may register in more than one position in the same unit, except the chartered organization representative (who can multiple only as the committee chairman (CC) or a committee member (MC)) and the ScoutParent unit coordinator (who may multiple as chartered organization representative (CR), assistant den leader (DA), assistant Webelos den leader (WA), assistant Scoutmaster (SA), assistant Varsity Scout Coach (VA), mate (MT), and leader of the 11-year-old Scouts).

They have mate on the list wonder why not associate advisor? What the heck is "leader of the 11-year-old Scouts", in my book that should be a patrol leader.

The new you application, http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/28-406C.pdf, says:

Mark here if the adult partner/ScoutParent is not living at the same address; complete and attach an adult application.

The adult application does not list position codes for tiger adult partner of scoutparent.

The SM of one of the Troops in our District tried to request a DVD from the ScoutParents website. He received the following as a reply:

"Thank you for your interest in ScoutParents. We apologize for the delayed response. ScoutParents is now officially under the umbrella of National BSA. Any and all questions/requests should be directed to them.

Thank you for your ongoing support of Scouting and ScoutParents!

Sincerely,

ScoutParents Webmaster"

I haven't found anything on the National website, however.

Thanks for the information as to why I can not buy scoutparents materials from the web site. I was counting on these materials to hand out/recruit new scouts for my pack. Given scout recruitment starts in September, why the delay in being able to order materials?

FYI...I tried ordering tonight and received error messages.

Thanks.