Getting elected to Executive board

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....again I am over the sale. Back before the executive board voted to sell the camp, I did post here looking for support and for people to sign a petition. However, I did not create or run the website. I have no authority to remove it from the internet, as I am not the owner or the webmaster. There is no current purpose for the website, but I'm afriad you are asking the impossible from me when you say I should take it down.

Again this sale issue was over a year ago, and I have since moved on from the camp sale.

This tread was created to answer my origanal question of whether there is an age requirement for the executive board. And I have found out that there is no age requirement printed in the rules book (#33161B).

I would appreciate if the camp issue or its website would not be brought up as I don't see how it is relevant to this thread.

Thank you(This message has been edited by svendzoid)

Perception is reality.

If the SE or the Council President believes you are a gadfly and an advocate, it does not help your candidacy. Old evidence left behind after a decision is made reinforces a belief of gadflyism and advocacy.

Help yourself, help other people you want perceiving you as a passionate young man. Get with the evidence owner and make it go from the current internet. It'll still be on places like the internet wayback machine, but only certifiable geeks like me go there.

If you want to play at the level you propose, passion matters, but so does followership. Once decisions get made, the Board follows the decision.

After purusing seven pages I am surprised that none of you have discovered that svendzoid is just baiting you guys and you are all lapping up his dribble like a bunch of starving fish. This kid hasn't got a chance in hades of getting on an executive board, he knows it and so should you guys. Let this thread die, it is not worth the effort of pursuing this dead horse of a topic.

Old evidence left behind after a decision is made reinforces a belief of gadflyism and advocacy.

....old evidence.....since when did scouting become a criminal investigation.....besides my name only appears on the petition, and I know that every exec board member got a copy...no secret

Get with the evidence owner and make it go from the current internet. It'll still be on places like the internet wayback machine, but only certifiable geeks like me go there.

Again is this an investigation? .....I thought it was scouting

As I said before, this thread is about the age limitation for the executive board....while it has morphed into other issues, I don't think the camp sale is relevant....I have gotten over it....but apparently some posters here haven't. I ask that you not bring up the camp sale in this thread. If you wish to discuss hiding evidence from a camp sale that happened over a year ago, please start a new thread. Thank you!

The value of a topic goes a little bit beyond answering a simple question posed in the opening post. And whether he is a troll or is intentionally "baiting" really matters not either. It's an interesting topic, as evidenced by the number of thoughful posts.

Sort of figured this was a "dead horse" early on, sir.

This thread has been personally illuminating, however. Out of curiosity I looked up "gadfly" in the dictionary and found a picture of myself. 'zoid-at-20 is not so different from me-at-50. Ouch.

I have some changes to make!

Baden,

While I think everyone realizes my chances are slim to getting elected to the executive board....these post really serve as guidance on how to better position myself for trying again in the future.

While I never got my fishing merit badge.....I don't think I am baiting anyone....this is after all a forum where ideas and comments are shared between all.

I know I keep posting, but I like to reply to all of those who take time to post responses to my original question...or any issue that has morphed from that original question. I'm sorry you think this is a waste of time, as I find these posts really valuable.

Sven,

At the level you propose, it's not Scouting. It's the business of Scouting. My Council is a multi-million dollar not-for-profit corporation. Don't know about yours. That's just the annual revenue, not counting real property and improvements.

The people you will work with on an Executive Board routinely handle big idea, big ticket decisions. If you think you will not be vetted to the Nth degree, you've another think coming.

I'm not a huge ticket FOS donor. I expect the same due diligence in business decisions from a Council Executive Board as I do from the companies I hold stock in within my IRA.

I say again: If you want this position, do your utmost to make anything which causes you to be perceived as less than a fantastic team player go away quickly.

You've been given excellent advice... as an eagle scout and servant leader the question you should ask is How can i serve?

reflect upon your time as a SPL and think about how you handed out assignment. Are you modeling the behavior that will get you selected? ... did you assign a tenderfoot to a major position just because he wanted it?

So Tonight was the annual meeting and elections.......

....And I'm now on the executive board......only kidding

As you all could probably tell many many days ago, I didn't make it. While it is upsetting, I will try to follow your advice and work harder to improve my chances for next year.

Thanks again for your support, comments, and thoughts!

Yours in scouting,

Svendzoid