Dumbest District Task

Argyle is actually the name of my boat. I know what your thinking, "Why in the world did he name his boat after a sweater, or socks, or even an old redheaded highlander."

But, the previous owner, whose great grandchildren were watching Hunchback of Notre Dame cartoon movie and just could not pronounce Gargoyle. They kept saying Argyle, instead of Gargoyle......so I'm stuck with Argyle.

I kept thinking that I needed to change this boat to something more catchy, but after owning it for two years.....I'm Argyle. It's funny. Being a rookie on the race course last year, one of the surly old guard fellas was having a bad day, and he was coming up behind me yelling, "GIVE WAY, GIVE WAY" and I'm thinking, I'm the windward boat, he needs to keep clear and shut his pie-hole. Sound travels across the water pretty good, I could hear him bellyaching to his crew about "&^$*& Argyle in the way again." He thought we were out pleasure cruising, but his crew says, they're in the open fleet and he races every week. He put his head down. Then the race committee lady actually said hello on the dock one morning, "Hi Argyle". It's too late to change it now.