I am a registered Assistant Scoutmaster for my Troop. As the Order of the Arrow Lodge Chief, I was invited to become a member of the Council Board of Directors. They say that the Board Members are Council members-at-large. Does this mean I must register as a M-A-L and resign as ASM for the year, or can I be registered as both at the same time?

You would select one as the "primary registration" and the other would be the dual registration.

The primary is the one where you pay the full annual membership fee. Your dual registration has no cost. In most cases your primary registration will determine which version of Scouting magazine you get and what mailings you recieve from your council. That will depend of course on how your local office handles mailing lists.

Your tenure is not effected regardless of how many dual memberships you have, it is stil considered 1 year as a registered scouter. If however you are trying to complete a training award you will probably want to retain your primary registration in that office.

I hope this helps,

BW

> Is there a box to check on the form for dual embership?

No- check with your council commissioner or the Scout executive.

I have three hats- crew, troop and district webmaster. The crew and troop registrations are taken care of via recharter; the district committee registration is a local form I fill out every year.

Ed

I am registered as 1) Pack Trainer, 2) District Member at Large, 3) Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner, 4) Troop Committee Member.

Yes - I know - too many hats. Happily I am able to only work part time. My full-time "job" is Scouting.

When I most recently registered with the troop, I wrote my membership # on the top and noted "dual registration" on a blank part of the form. I know it might mess up the optical scanning of the registration, but that's O.K. because it will force the registrar to notice the multiple position and make sure I get added properly, so the troop doesn't have to pay for me. It will also mean that multiple records don't get created for me in ScoutNet, which can happen with variant name spellings, etc.

"I am registered as 1) Pack Trainer, 2) District Member at Large, 3) Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner, 4) Troop Committee Member"

Hi,

I'm interested to know what you do as a District Member at Large?

This is one position that seems to be not very well understood.

Thanks.

Ea.

milwscout580,

I'm not sure about how things are in all Councils.

In the Council I serve we do invite a couple of youth members to represent different sections (The OA and Venturing) to sit on the Executive Board, they are not voting members.

Of course this just might be how things are in this Council.

Ea.