Dissapointed in Self and Others

The guideline needs to focus on the significance of the project rather than the quantity of resources used to get it done. Of course it would take a little more thought effort on the part of those approving the project and more effort from the board to evaluate what was accomplished. Any fool can approve or deny a project based on the number of hours. A kid could spend 150 hours on a project to paint the city curbs red, but that doesn't make it an Eagle project.

Fscouter, I agree. Lately, in my arguments about these things I am having some good luck when I challenge them to write their 'new rules' and distribute them in some way so that everyone can read them and know in advance what is required.

That has really stopped them so far because THEY can't even agree on most of their 'new rules'. It is so much a personal opinion for each of them that if anyone ever does write the rules as a draft for review, I predict that the review process will be fun to watch/particpate in.

AND until they do write something, I get to continue to accuse them of forcing arbitrary, unfair, and unevenly applied non-standard rules. This puts THEM between a rock and a hard place and with printed regulations in my hand, the boys have the high ground.

Pack,

Also, in tasking them to write the new rules, also have them document the process of sidetracking the appeals that will go to National. Keep emphasising that a scout is prepared. They need to make sure that any resistance to following their new rules has an iron clad stop to keep folk from whining to National and destroying their important work.