The annual sales call to the Chartered Partner

If I read the BSA envelope with the recharter packet correctly, the Distict Executive is supposed to pay a business call on the Chartered Partner Executive Officer 90 days (or is it 60) from recharter.

The way I read that, it's a physical call ... go and visit the man or woman. Now, Lord knows I've had my head in the sand before... ;)

What say you? Do your DE's visit their IH's before the recharter cycle, do they phone them, or do they blow this off?

John

Now a COR

John,

Been in Scouting in my District for a long time and have never heard of a DE calling or visiting the CO unless it involved trying to organize a new unit. Maybe I just missed it when it happened, but I was CM through 6 recharters and now SM completing the 2nd recharter. NO DE visit to our CO.

Of course, it could be that we keep changing DEs and they always seem to have to go to Texas for training during February (our recharter time). So maybe they've always been out of town and couldn't arrange those meetings. Yeah, right....

In my council and district the SE requires the DE to visit every, IH in their districts at least once a year, it is part of their annual evaluation.

Every year for the past four years our DE has visited the COR & IH of our crew without fail as well as our unit meeting. So I guess its whatever the SE mandates as required duties.

• 3 weeks later...