"overheard while out/about at council camp"

(Warning to the humor-impaired: these "quotes" are not meant to be attributed to any actual person, living or dead. They're tongue-in-cheek, satirical, parody)

"I finally figured out that when my DC tells me "it's no problem", he means, for him". - a newly enlightened SM

"If we wait until the last minute to do it, it will only take a minute". - Staff SPL when asked how long it will take him to get the campfire plan done.

"Great! What we really need are some more commissioners around here". - Camp commissioner, when told a carful of unit commish's just pulled into the parking lot

"I'm basically announcing to the world that I've completely given up". - an ASM after he traded in his pickup for a minivan

"The hardest thing about having a third child is switching from a 1-on-1 to a zone defense". - unit leader and new dad mentoring a just-married ASM

"None of us is as dumb as all of us". - Program director, after he and aquatics staff struggled to build a workable pool schedule

"It's a lot of work unless you have to do it". - One UC to another, describing his personal philosophy toward his job

"Let me tell you about the benefits of being the Roundtable Commissioner..." "This should be a short conversation" - One Scouter to another

"After watching the staff check us in, I'll bet that Mickey Mouse wears a BSA watch". - SM on his way to his campsite

"Nothing's too good for you guys...and that's exactly what you're going to get". - Camp director to SMs at first night cracker barrel

KS

• 2 weeks later...

The Five Most Dangerous Things Said in Boy Scouts

A Patrol leader saying, I learned this in JLT.

A Commissioner saying, Trust me

A Tenderfoot saying, Based on my experience

A Professional saying I was just thinking

A Eagle Scout chuckling, Watch this