Nation Council At-Large Members

Can anyone inform me how National Council at-large members are selected? I know there is some type of election for one-year terms but by whom and when? Similarly, honary, non-voting members. Just curious.

Also, in a previous post someone was asking about the olive ties of days past. The current catalog lists scouting neckties but lists them either for "civilian" wear or for professionals. Is their a necktie of any sort that can be worn to quasi-formal occasions like for a SM or UC attending a Pack Blue and Gold banquet/AOL ceremony?

Not in the current uniform. As other have mentioned there are ties from past uniform elements that you might still find on e-bay or in garage sales. There was never a problem with the tie. The problem was the pants. The tie was made to be the same color as the uniform pants, and had a nice "uniform" look. Because of the difference in materials, and the fact that not everyone wears the pants the same amount of time, in the same amount of sunlight, and washes them the same number of times in the same detergent, the pants change color ovwer time.

I have three uniform pants all of different age and slightly different style and none are the same color as the tie (let alone each other). They just do not look good with the tie any longer. Because they could not get the tie and pants to match the tie was dropped. At least that was the explaination I was given a few yeqars back.

National council At-Large Members are, I believe, nominated by the national nominating committee and elected by the annual meeting. The lists are compiled by the national office and by the regions. I know, for example, that all national committee members are national members at large if not in higher level positions (National Board or National Advisory council.)

I'm not sure what honorary, non-voting members are. If you mean positions like the Honorary President and Honorary Vice Presidents, there is tradition and, in some cases, by laws designation of who they are.