Dave where do you find the time?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commandopro:

I have received your reply. Thank you. I will think about it's contents.

I can assure you that I spend far more time on the needs of my council than I do on the needs of this board. I hope everyone understands that they need to ask questions locally and that I in no way intend to undermine any other professional.

Where do I find the time to answer -- usually when I'm at home. Occasionally, when I'm at the office, but in those cases it's when I need a reference I don't keep at home. I, like many other professionals, am often home at strange hours, but that's because I work strange hours. Sometimes I post at 4:00 in the afternoon before beginning paperwork or a meeting at 7:00 PM. Sometimes I work on paperwork at 10:00 PM after my wife goes to bed.

DS

I have no idea at this time who commando pro is or isn't. With the other professionals who posted, it is was evident very early from their responses that they were professionals. So far commando pro has only warned of a problem of epic proportion (not what I would call the typical pro-speak one hears from an experienced scouting professional), and to question DSteele about the frequency of his posts (something I would have thought he would have done off post or not at all if he did not know how). So until he comments on a couple other scout issues I have no idea who he is or isn't.

Be assured, if he shows any knowledge at all of the scouting program, that I will know he could not be the person that Ed suggested.

As far as who posts and when, welcome to the cyber age. There are ways to keep in touch with the forum that extend far beyond sitting at a work desk. Multi-tasking for many of us is a way of life.

Bob White

Is it too late for a joke?

City cousin is visiting his country cousin. Country cousin has a pet three-legged pig that has run of the house. He sleeps on the sofa, eats from the table, does anything he wants. City cousin ask the country cousin why he lets a pig have run of the house like that. "Oh, that's a very special pig," the country cousin says. "He saved our lives one night when the house caught fire. Ran from room to room waking every one up. Even drug grandma out of the house himself." Well why does he only have three legs, city cousin asks? Country cousin says "Hey, a pig like that you don't eat all at once!"

I told an expanded and slightly different version of the "pig story" at a campfire a couple of months ago. Same punch line. The leaders and some of the Scouts thought it was hilarious...but some of the Scouts didn't get it at all.(???)

About Mr. Steele, based on what I have read on these forums over the past few months before I recently signed up, it appears he is a great example of what a Scouting professional should be. He knows the "business". He is personable and kind in his discussions on this forum. He is quick to share what he knows, and is willing to listen and learn from others. I think any council would be fortunate to have such an employee. If you need a new place to hang your hat Dave, come to the Heart of America Council... where life is good and Scouting is King.

"There are times when I have intense pressure and a crisis of epic proportions but I just grab the sports section and head up stairs & after awhile it goes away."

Thanks Ed....I just spit coffee all over my monitor again. That was funny :)

"So until he comments on a couple other scout issues I have no idea who he is or isn't."

So you are calling him a liar? That's Scout-like!

"Be assured, if he shows any knowledge at all of the scouting program, that I will know he could not be the person that Ed suggested."

I never suggested he was anyone other than who he posted to be! He has posted he is a professional Scouter, so I believe him. He gives me no reason not to. Maybe, Bob, you should do what I do to relieve the intense pressure.

purcelce,

Glad you got a chuckle!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

"There are times when I have intense pressure and a crisis of epic proportions but I just grab the sports section and head up stairs & after awhile it goes away."

Kudos again to evmori. I've had a tough morning and that was the first time I laughed today -- I needed that.

Fortunately for me, I wasn't drinking anything at the time I read your post. ;)

To say I called commandopro a liar, is untrue and simply offered as a disruption. I said I was in no position to form an opinion on who or what he was, based on the limited information I have.

Unless you know someone personally, it would be unwise and naive to accept everything posted at face value. Who you are and what you are are controlled only by the buttons you push on a key board. Anyone can claim to be anything on the Internet, even change their identity again and again, simply by typing it in.

Thousands of people each day are fooled by people on the Internet claiming to be something they are not. I am in no way saying that this is true of commandopro. I am saying that until I see a better example of his knowledge that I will not leap to a conclusion, or an acceptance, of who he is.

I have used this same caution with every poster and have not yet been surprised by an incorrect evaluation.