Spend your Winnings?

Have to admit that things were getting a little heavy in another thread, so I thought that it was time to lighten up a little.

One of our local papers runs a "Faces Around Town" They ask a passerby some Questions such as Home, Occupation, Favorite TV Show and that sort of thing, the last question is "What would you do if you won the lottery?

Just for Fun, let's suppose that You Had Won, and were going to spend the money in your local Council. How would you Spend it?

I think that I would spend the money on our little used Camp Site, and change it into a Cub World, which could also be used as a Training Center. It would be great, swimming pool, fun accommodations for the Cubs, really nice bathrooms for the Leaders. You would need dark glasses to get past the glare of the stainless steel in the kitchen and dining room. And best of all it would not be near our Boy Scout Camp, so when it came time to go to Boy Scout Summer Camp it would be a totally new experiance.

As for the Training Center, it would put training on a new level, with all the latest and best equipment, along with chairs that didn't leave you walking like a duck for three days after a training session.

While I was at it I think some place to look after the young children of those attending the trainings would be nice.

Hey Buddy can you spare six or seven million ?

Thanks, Eamonn. This could be much more fun than the other thread -- although I think there's some good points there.

If I won 6 or 7 million -- I would . . .

Use $60,000 to clear our current income shortfall from cuts in United Way, spring popcorn sales and general increases in expenses.

I would put 2 million in a restricted fund so the council could use the interest from the fund to tell the United Way we don't need them anymore.

We would continue our FOS campaigns and popcorn sales. The FOS campaign spreads the council story to the families and community leaders. Popcorn allows kids to earn their own way as well as producing PR benefits in the community.

The rest would be for me and my wife.

DS

I would improve both council camps that we have and maybe buy another. Make better bathrooms, dining hall and build a pool at Camp Joy. Increase the difficulty and add trails at both camps. Make a more teamwork oriented camp at Camp Vandeventer.