Clarification on Charter Organization Representatives

Hello,

Could it be that the COR listed for the pack (for longer than anyone can remember) has passed on, left the church, or just moved away, and his name just carried on the charter because nobody knew, cared, or understood?

You have noticed the error, and now you know what is proper. Go to that Scouter, show him the problem, and ask him if he would mind working in the same position for the pack as he is for the troop. If he agrees, point out the situation to the IH when it comes time to recharter to make sure he knows what is going on and that there is no problem from his point of view. ( I doubt that there would be, but if there is explain that they must provide a COR and only one. )

Laurie, from what I have seen of your posts, you have enough to do without worring about this unknown person. Besides the kids in the pack are waiting for you to get through with the paper work. Have a good time, YIS, paul e. conley

Thank you all again. DSteele, I will simply bring the error the DE's attention; thank you for letting me know who can and should address this.

I'm not worried, but it would nice to know who's who. Shouldn't a pack know who the COR is?(This message has been edited by Laurie)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the advice and pointing me in the right direction. The DE now has the name of the troop COR, who is glad to serve the pack as well, understanding that there is one per CO. So all worked out well.

As for the boys waiting on me. We're actually having a terrific time! They know me as the "awards lady" and make a point of letting me know what they are doing in their dens. We just had our first ceremony in years, and it went well. The pack is beginning to fill out its program rather than just getting by, and it's a privilege to be part of that.

Thanks to all the Scouters here who helped us in this unit to make it work out well--in so many ways :)