I never go camping without my........

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many things to list.

But being diabetic, I make sure I take Sweet N Lo for my coffee. I went on a campout once where none was provided in the dining hall and I gag on unsweetned coffee.......and I HAVE to have my coffee. If I don't have my coffee, I run the risk of being sent home for going on a rampage! ;)

This is too easy, but here goes nothing...

I never go camping without my... clothes...

An absolute must have for outdoor camping along with tents, food, other people that are going, any medications that people have to take, and the list just goes on and on....

Leonus, welcome. Just a fine point but if it really is, "here goes nothing", wouldn't that be, you know, WITHOUT clothing? Intriguing suggestion though, I wonder if BSA has some prudish objection to nude camping? I can hear it now, "Please pass the bug spray, with lots of sunscreen on the side" (and front, and back, and top, and everexpanding bottom).

Snoot Flute.........I LOVE IT. I'll pass that along to my boy.

A snoot flute is an "instrument" you play with the air passed through your nose. It is funneled across your open mouth, much like blowing across a pop bottle. You change the diameter of your mouth to change the pitch. He loves it. I gave it to him when he got OA to take along to his ordeal that evening. Passes the time.

For sweetner try Splenda instead of Sweet 'n lo, or Nutrasweet. MUCH better. No nasty tastes or headaches.

150' of army surplus repelling rope. Though I do not use it for climbing/repelling activities it serves well to set up a bear bag, run a safety line across a stream or along icy/slick slope, if necessary to create a stretcher.

Extra mantles for the lantern.

In bear season a set of cow bells (bear alarm) to let the bears know there are campers around and to let the campers know there are bears around.

10 minute highway flare... (nearly) scout proof way to get a campfire started in even the wettest, coldest weather.

Mini-vortex. Simple kineasthetic funn. Good on canoe trips as reason to practice turns. Attracts boys from other Troops like flys to honey pot and my Scouts have an easy way to meet new friends.