• 1 month later...

I'm a District Chairman for the Tahquitz District, California Inland Empire Council. Our Councin President does the hiring of our District Executives, however, he does allow me and two of my District Committee to interview the person he would like to hire. At this point, we haven't had a reason to say "no", but I would in a heartbeat if I thought they weren't right for a District of 3,000 youth and 185 units.

This is my 7th and last year as District Chairman. We've gone through 5 D. E's at this time. My Council President has also been here for 7 years. We are working on our 4th Quality District Award.

Remember that for a D E, everything is a career move. No matter how much they might like an area they're serving in, if they are still there after three years, somethings wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I know in my neck of the woods we have an Executive Director. Now I have a similar situation and was informed tonight of what the current E/D has said of me to others. I was told that I am going to get the boot out of the Pack which is fine. Yet he went on to say rude ignorant things regarding my character and etc. I would like to know who I can discuss this with. Who is the E/D's superior so I can have these issues addressed. Since the problems arose, I have only asked for guidelines and where to get the answers I seek for the Troop or Pack. I never have told anyone what I personally felt when I was rudely treated and etc from certain people in the Council. I always have a good word to say about them. For instance, the E/D Mr.Smith is a nice guy; or that Mrs. Brown is great with kids and crafts. Although these same people have slandered my name to new people who are joining. Now I would appreciate it if someone could tell me who I am to contact regarding this incident. By the way, the troop is doing well. Thanks for all of your past assistance. Have a nice day.