Australia High Adventure Contacts

Many years ago in a virtual land of Scouts-L (BBS) I remember a Scouter who was very active in Spelunking in Australia (Queensland to be precise). His tales of Troop outings have stayed in my memory for years and as my youngest son is now an Eagle we've talked of a 'Dream Adventure' for Eagles from our troop. I don't know if that Scouter is still around the net, but I'm looking for a contact in Australia Scouting that would be willing to enter into a discussion on having a group of Eagle Scouts visit for a High Adventure experience. If you are this scouter or are from Australia and would be willing to discuss this please contact me. In Scouting, Peter Van Houten (Scoutmaster Troop 208)

Hi Peter,

I am not the bloke that you recall however I am keen to help.

I am SL of a Troop about 2 1/2 hours drive south of Brisbane (QLD capital). Although now in NSW I am ex-QLD and have a couple of contacts in QLD still.

I am also an outdoor educator (rapelling, high/low ropes, bushwalking, canoeing etc) and have some Scouting contacts in NE NSW and SE QLD.

So what can I do for you?

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I stay in the Program forum normally.

• 1 month later...

No problem Lynda J.

I'll ask tonight. Be aware that our patches are smaller. Much smaller.

We have a badge for our scarf that is round. It belongs only to Scouts from our town. We also wear a council patch on our pocket which means that it is about 11/2 x 2 inches.

I'll try and get a Scout who is on the www so that they can chat about it.