Any Guam Scouts from 1968?

My adult Scouting "career" began on Anderson AFB, GUAM and Yigo Village Troop 10 back in 1968!

I have finally graduated to the Venture Crew Program. I'm not 60 yet but some of my first Scouts are in thier 40s! (Yike!) Anyone out there from "The Rock?"

Hafa Adai!!

Who did you have in mind to check in? The only ones I know from Troop 10 chartered to Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church back then are probably some of the village leaders now. I'm sorry but that was my birth year.

I have a list of Scout names from Troop 10--1945 right after the war with it's first Scoutmaster. I had to do research, when I was the municipal clerk 6 years ago, when the Scoutmaster then sent an email to check up on his old scouts. Most of the members then are my uncles. Many who are now passing on to the next life.

It's not hard to find out the members during your stint here, since Yigo is my village and I'm the current Scoutmaster for Troop 26 chartered to the Matua Foundation. Troop 10 is still here but is now chartered to Yigo Ward, LDS. I've probably met a couple of former members of your time. One is a pastor and his brother owns a business. I dare not put their names on the net. I won't be surprised if some of your former scouts are now parent or grandparent volunteers for my troop. I may be mistaken but this is a small island.

Troop 10 should be at its 50th anniversary, if not already passed. I would have to confirm with district.

Matua

• 2 weeks later...