I'm doing an article for the troop's newsletter and wanted to know if anyone has attended a World Jambo. What I would like to know is how was your experience? Are you attending the one in 2007 ? Especially any intersting stories that have come from it.

I attended the 1975 World Jamboree, Nordjam. The Jamboree site was in Norway, but the Nordic countries were the host.I was the ASM for the Greater London Central contingent.

I will be putting together the troops for our area of the Northeast Region. While there is a lot of information on the 2007 World Jamboree Web Site. As yet we haven't received anything from the BSA National offices. I think that this might be due to the National Jamboree and that England is hosting Eurojam in 2005.

I feel a little sad in that my son asked me if he could attend the last Jamboree and Her That Must Be Obeyed wasn't keen on him going to Thailand. I have no idea why!!

One Lad who was in our National Jamboree Troop last time and will in fact be the 3rd Assistant Scoutmaster in 2005 did attend.

He tells a very funny tale. How as part of the Jamboree the troop he was in all American Lads went to a School to do a service project, planting flowers. When they were done the teacher of the School asked the different troops from different countries to do their National Dance. Needless to say the American Lads hung back, while some of the troops did their dance. Some of the troops from Scotland did a bit of a jig.Then it came to the American Lads. Ken the Lad from our council who is a real gem. Got the troop together and they did "I'm a little Teapot" with all the actions!!

Of course now there is an entire school in Thailand who believes that I'm a little teapot is the national dance of the USA.

Eamonn

• 3 weeks later...