100 Years Of Scouting - "A Pinko Celebration?"

1907 Brownsea Island the camp that started it all.

2007 England will host the World Jamboree. The youth of the world will join together and unite for a huge celebration. I hope that there will be thousands of American Scouts who will wear all the merit badges that they have ever earned including all the citizenship merit badges!!

The theme for the jamboree is "One World One Promise."

Some will see this as yet another "Pinko Plot."

I can't wait to see the kids of the world join together and get to know a little more about each other and have fun.

Eamonn

Hail Comrade Eamonn, lets say I had a group of Ventures who were interested in attending this liberal celebration and were intent on doing all they could to spell the end of western civilization as we know it. How can we sign up to go and glory in the workers celebration ?

I for one am no fan of world government, or global organizations, or things of that nature, but the world Jamboree sounds like fun to me. Hopefully the public health officials won't be setting up condom distribution stations at this one.

OK, now lets all recite the World Promise:

On my self esteem, I pledge to try to do what feels good for me, and to make others feel good too.

OGE,

If you do have a group of Venturers who would like to go to the World Jamboree, check with your state's American Legion. Here in The People's Republic of Illinois, the American Legion's Department of Illinois offers Scholarships for Jamboree, Summer Camp, and other events. There were some letters of recommendation to be gathered coupled with an essay or two would result in up to $600 towards a Jamboree.

Comrade OGE

As yet our party rulers have not released details about how to gain entry into this celebration.

Details about the event are on the site that comrade Stugen has provided and Venturers can sign up to work at the event. As yet the Northeast region has received no details from National. I will send them on to you as soon as I get them. I have a meeting with the region next month. I have your E-mail in my little red book.

Hail Comrades, should our Party Rulers at National Party Headquarters not select us, to attend the prestigious Global Party Event for the National Workers at the Brownsea People's Republic (BPR), may we attend on our own?

I plan to stop by the Nippon Party Office before visiting the Fatherland and catching the train to Paris and then the BPR, via the Chunnel. I hear the caviar in Moscow will be bountiful during that time of year. Would you like me to pick up a case for you before we meet at the BPR?

Comrades, I have fond memories of my last visit to the Fatherland in '94. I was but a young soldier serving the cause stationed in Germany. Ah, the days of our youth.

Who would I get permission from Party Headquarters to give out our propaganda leaflets along the trail?

Our small outpost rarely gets any information from the National Party.

Comrade Matua

1st General, Venture Secret Service

People's Republic of Micronesia