Gold Award gift ideas?

My daughter has earned her Gold Award and is being recognized in a few weeks. I'd like to purchase a keepsake gift for her. Any ideas? I browsed the online GS shop and was disappointed in their selection. She has the patch and will be receiving her pin.

TIA!

Does your daughter like charm bracelets? You could get her a charm bracelet and a gold filled Gold Award pendant to put on it.

None of our girls were into keepsakes, or jewelry (especially of the GS variety!). I got each a crystal vase with some gold roses tied around with a fancy gold ribbon. Attached was a card which included a note from me on their experiences over the years.

Not a dry eye was to be found!

When my daughter bridged from Brownies, I bought her a vintage girl scout pocket knife that I found on eBay. I think something like that is a keepsake, while having some historic tie to Girl Scouting.

something like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/1930s-Girl-Scout-Kutmaster-multi-knife-Rare-box-/220590910900?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item335c3e2db4

Pink Cadillac, crushed velvet seats with furry dice hanging from the mirror. Or you could get a US flag from your Senator or Congressperson which has been flown over the Capitol. Put that into a cherrywood frame with the certificate, gold award pin and patch. "Medals of America" is a good company for the frame purchase and will mount everything for you if you send it to them.

http://www.yaworski.com/eagleknife/

Above is a link to a customized pocket knife for Eagle scouts. Maybe you could contact the Buck company at the link above and ask if they would be willing to do something similar for Girl Scouts. Girls tend to be less thrilled with pocket knifes but some programs are more outdoorsy than others.

Maybe a custom leather bound scrap book.

http://brucejohnsonleather.com/content/index.php/gallery_index/bible_covers_and_planners_organizer_gallery/

I often give a Gerber multitool as a high school graduation gift. One of the young ladies in Venturing thought it to be too masculine of a gift item - until she got to her college dorm room and found lots of little things to tighten up and had walmart kit furniture to assemble. Her Gerber became the most sought after item on her hall.

Congrats to your daughter.

Thank you for the congrats! My dh and I are still exploring these ideas, we especially like the multi-tool and the scrapbook ideas. I figure it would be a great gift to keep all of her photos and letters safe and together.

How old is your dd? If she is a Senior in HS, you can purchase a lifetime GS adult membership for her at a reduced rate. Even if she does not use it right away, she might appreciate it later on in her life. That, combined with whatever else you do for the Gold Award, will be a nice combo for her.

Scoutnut, that is a cool idea, especially with the savings of almost 50% over the normal Lifetime membership fees. Alas, though, she is but a sophomore. She is bridging to Ambassador in a few weeks, hopefully she will continue with GS and we can consider the Lifetime membership as a graduation gift.