alanis morriset, midnight oil, yothu yindi, bread, enya... even starting to develop an ear for eminem! (thanks to most recent family addition) Stuff rubs off but I still cant stand slim dusty!

sorry - this post may not make complete sense to a USA audience.(This message has been edited by ozemu)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot Bob Segar, The Band, Foghat, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Jeff Beck, Yardbirds. I love good guitar players. I have always felt Clapton & Jeff Beck were the best with BB King right behind.

Believe this or not, I have a songbook from Wood Badge that has "Stairway to Heaven" in it.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Hmmm, from the listings we can deduce that the large portion of those who answered are in our early 40s to early 50s!

I do listen to everything in addition to the all time fave above, except rap, hip hop, and certain operatic number. I also love to "chill-out" to Yani and the "new age" groups. In the words of my Director at work who happened to see my car's CD collection one day, "You have a truly wide range of music taste, Rock, Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Folks, Country, Classical, Opera, and New Age. It does match your personality!" I asked, "and that is?" He answered, "Unpredictable, but fun!"

1Hour

I was wondering when someone would get to Country! ME TOO!! Alabama, Reba McEntire, George Strait, Martina McBride, Lonestar, Lorie Morgan, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, etc. etc. etc.

I have actually even turned some of my scouts to country music! My mission is fulfilled!!

Holy Toledo, did I read 'Annette Funicello'? "Now it's time to say goodbye to all our company, M-I-C, see you soon, K-E-Y, why, because we like you. M-O-U-S-E." And, no lie, I make it sound just like the original. Boy how they move out of their sleeping bags to avoid a repeat. That's were the C&W nasal twang really helps.

James Taylor, Chicago, Glenn Miller, Everley Bros, BB King, Carole King, any 50's Doo-Wop, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Neville Bros, Willie Nelson, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Arlo Guthrie and his daddy Woody, Brian Setzer

There is a saying that there are two things that should not be discussed in public, Politics and Religion. I have always thought muscical taste should be the third. When this thread started, I thought, Oh Uh, this is going to end badly but it got off to a good start with people listing their favorite bands and no one decrying another's choice then Ed has to go and insult a choice.

Musical taste cannot be defended on anything but a gut, emotional level. I am saddened to think we as scouter could not refrain from denigrating anothers choice. Now, just for clarity Ed, are you Ewwwwwwwwwwing Black Sabbath during their Ozzy period or post Ozzy(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

OGE,

Any Black Sabbath or any Ozzy! You can make the same noise with two sticks, a garbage can and a cat! Have you ever seen their show on MTV? Ozzy is a the poster child for not doing drugs or drinking in excess!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Seals and Crofts, America, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and sometimes Young, John Denver, Carpenters, Grand Funk Railroad, Cat Stevens, Beatles, Alabama, James Taylor, Jim Croce, Steppenwolf, Eddie Arnold, Jim Reeves, Ray Charles, Doobie Brothers, Bruce Hornsby, etc.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and much, much, more......