What are YOU doing this summer?

While the BSA scouters are getting ready for summer camp (yea! me too!) or high adventure trips with their troops, what are the girls planning to do this summer?

Some of my girls are going to camp, of course that doen't involve me or the troop. We have tenative plans to "do something fun" in June and July. Rather like the Pack's summertime fun plans.

Sending the new Boy Scout (he's 10) to a week of summer camp. Sending our Girl Scouts (a Brownie who's 8, and a Junior who's 12) to a week of summer camp as well. Now, if only the camps could have fallen on the same week ... the wife and I could have been "kidless" for a few days.

Some of the Ship members are returning to Camp Blue Heron, some are working at summer camps.

I'm thinking that depending on how Her Who Must Be Obeyed is feeling that OJ and I might pay a quick visit to Ireland and maybe Hong Kong.

I'm trying to talk my Sister who lives in England to come over for a visit.

This year for the first time in a very long time I have something like 11 weeks vacation.

I did take one week in January for my 25th wedding anniversary.

Her Who Must Be Obeyed is talking about me driving out to California.

She feels that she isn't up to a plane trip.

I do love her very deeply, but I'm not sure I could take her complaining about my driving for that long of a trip!!

Of course a trip like this might be my door opener to me getting my new car.

At this time I'm not planning any type of Scouting event or trip.

Ea.

"I do love her very deeply, but I'm not sure I could take her complaining about my driving for that long of a trip!!"

She who no longer needs to obeyed travels with a dog which gets carsick so the dog gets sedated. Maybe you could get some pills for your wife.

Eagle son and his former Venture Patrol will be taking a 400-500 mile high adventure cycling trip from Cincinnati, Ohio to Erie, Pennsylvania with several side-trips along the way. This is part of the Underground Railroad Bicycle Trail. He aged out of his troop when he made Eagle Scout just before his 18th birthday last summer, so now he's going as an adult.

This year, I finally plan to take my wife and daughter on a non-scouting summer vacation-- hopefully to Glacier National Park, MT.

"She who no longer needs to obeyed travels with a dog which gets carsick so the dog gets sedated. Maybe you could get some pills for your wife."

Maybe if I took the pills:

My driving might improve?

Or I might not notice her complaints!!

We drove home on the PA Turnpike the other night at 55 MPH (65 is the limit) The "Reason" being that I drive too fast!

I'm working on that one!!

Ea.

I will be volunteering with our regions Girl Scout Twilight camp. Cub Scout day camp with my middle son.

And we as a family are loading up the old pop-up trailer and heading to Yellowstone and South Dakota late June and July!!!! Yeah!!!!

Carol

We'll be in Yellowstone with the troop in August. Where ya going Big Guy? We'll have three crews roaming around Shoshone Lake.

Got another week backpack trip planned with my buddies in Canada in Sept.

We finally got a slip at the local lake for the boat after being on the waiting list for 7 years. Woohoo!

Scoutldr, meee tooo, but somehow I think I'm not going to miss it.

I'll be in Yellowstone for a couple of weeks starting 1 May (going solo) and then three weeks in the Caribbean surveying aquatic resources on Dominica, then my old outfit asked me to leave the university and rejoin them for the last part of the summer to do some work out in Oregon. Heck, I might just stay, life's good!

But my courses are already filled for the fall so I'll come back anyway to plan for them.

Lol, we ARE a busy group!

As for me...

week 1: family camp with Cub Pack in mountains NW of Flagstaff, AZ

week 2: Cub Scout Res Camp with the den at R-C Scout Res in Payson

week 4: Drop daughter at GS camp to commune with horses, go to summer camp (Geronimo)with BS troop

week 5: Collect daughter

week 7: Family camping trip (add 2 cousins): Grand Canyon North Rim, Bryce Canyon, Zion

Sprinkle with Pack and GS troop summertime fun events.

Apply sunscreen liberally and hang out by the pool; teach kids to manage the house. :)