I am a Den Leader in Cub Scouts. My wife is a assistant leader in Brownee's, and the girls are due to bridge to Jr. We just found out from Council that there will be no local day camp becouse of lack of leadership, and internal personal problems within the district. My wife wanted me to be day camp director, but becouse of my lack of knowledge of the girl scout program, and lack of time till summer,I told her that I did not feel there was enough time. On the other hand, I told her we could do a mini-day camp for the troop of 5 girls. Here is my problem. I tryed to pull up information on the web for information on badge requirments, and idea's, ,but found that most of the site's are out of service, our did not adress the requirments. Till we buy the badge book, I was wondering if there are any Web-sites that you could point me to. Thank you

Here is a good one with lots of info -

http://www.scoutingweb.com/scoutingweb/Junior.htm

You should get a copy of the Junior Badge Book & Junior Leader Guide ASAP. The Junior program was changed a while ago & some of the info might be for the old requirements.

Have the girls done any camping yet? Are the Leaders trained for camping? If the girls are campers, summer is a GREAT time to go on weekend trips & work on the Outdoor badges.

If the Troop does not camp, day trips to nearby State/National Parks are good too.

See if any of your local museums run GS badge workshops.

Also check with older troops in your area for (free) help. My Seniors routinely help younger troops earn badges, learn skills and go on outings. Older girls can either help with programs you've planned (for service hours) or create and lead their own programs based on your need or the badges you'd like to earn (for leadership hours).

During the past year, they've planned and presented knot workshops, dance programs, an introduction to geocaching (great fun for your age group), fire-building skills/safety, field games, "dirt shirts" and raku pottery.

Good luck and have fun!

HI, I have been involved with cubs for a while and also help out with my daughters Brownie and Junior troops. I found this web site a while back that lists all the badges and their requirements. I think the troop did it as a service project or something. The site has extra links that are not always valid but the badges are all listed on one page and they all work. I use it a lot since I find the web easier to navigate than the book and I can print the info I need for the girls. While I have a badge book and a handbook most girls in my daughters troop do not.

http://troop851.ellenbecker.net/Badges.htm