Looking for vest patterns, material

Hello all:

A leader contacted me asking if I have any vests. I suggested she try making some out of the material found at sewing stores. She says that Joanne here in Albany, OR no longer sells the material or patterns.

Does anyone on this list have any vests, material, patterns &/or resources they could share?

Thank you!

Keep on Scoutin'

Ora

Hello Scoutnut:

Thank you for your reply. JoAnne did at one time carry GSUSA material for uniform projects, but they seem to have discontinued the line. Brownies wear brown colored vests, and Girl Scouts wear green color vests. Red is more for Cub and Boy Scouts.

If you find a source for brown or green material in GSUSA colors, please let me know.

Thank you.

Keep on Scoutin'

Ora

Whoops! You're right I was thinking in "Cub Scout" mode!

The brown shouldn't be to hard to find, it is pretty much a common shade. The Junior green on the other hand has a bit of blue in it and is hard to match. As for the Girls 11-17, beige is beige, but I prefer the royal blue!

GSUSA no longer endorses a uniform pattern. Probably taking away too much profit from the sale of uniforms. However, the Simplicity vest pattern #7357 is close and can be adapted. You can purchase it online here:

http://www.sewingpatterns.com/

Just do a search for 7357.