looking for text to an old GS story game called Taxicab

Hi,

I'm looking for the text to an old girl scout story game that used to be in the either the Brownie or Junior handbook back in the late sixties, early seventies called TAXICAB.

My troop is working on a badge and trying to find old games that used to be played by scouts of their age in the past. This game is one that I remembered from being a scout myself.

The basics of the story are that one girl acts as narrator and reads the story TAXICAB. Each of the other girls pick the name of an object that appears numerous times in the story from a hat. They do not share what they got with the other girls. These items include toothbrush, suitcase, etc.

The girls sit in a circle and the narrator begins reading the story. When each girl hears their item, they stand up, turn around, and sit back down. When the word TAXICAB appears in the story, all the girls have to run to change places.

My memory is a little fuzzy on any other rules, but there may have been a rule for the exchange of seats between just two girls, but I can't remember.

Is this ringing any bells for any former Girl Scouts out there?

THANKS!

-=Gery Horan

• 4 months later...

page 12 of the old pink book "Games for Girl Scouts"

It's not in the new yellow edition - I just checked. Your council might have a copy of this older edition that they could lend out or photocopy from - or try interlibrary loan.

ISBN number: 0-88441-301-1

• 20 years later...

Attached is a screen shot of the Taxi Cab game equipment, method, and story that we use at the Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast summer camp.  My daughter just brought your request to my attention as she wants to use the game with her students during her student teaching block this semester.

Enjoy!

Taxi Cab Game.pdf

• Thanks 1