from http://www.diversityingirlscouts.org

"The Girl Scout organization has decided to punish the Steir family for filing its discrimination complaint by suing the Steirs in a separate lawsuit which was filed in New York City in June of 2002. The lawsuit falsely alleges that the Steirs infringe the 'Girl Scout' trademark by the use of this term on its web site. GSUSA allege

that our web site is diverting its audience away from the Girl Scout's web site and is competing with the Girl Scouts!! We sincerely believe that this new lawsuit by the GSUSA is intended to harass the Steir family and to drive the costs of litigation up in order to force us to end our discrimination lawsuit against the GSUSA. While this will cost us dearly, we will persevere in our attempt to improve the GSUSA's policy on diversity by bringing our message to the public...."

IF there is truth in the above excerpt, what is the impact on any site or kid's home page that uses the phrase Girl Scouts but doesn't link to an official web site?

I'm all for her being able to participate in the GS as long as she has a parent to supervise her and as long as her special needs are not disruptive to her group. My Webelos son went to a council campout earlier this year and there was a Boy Scout with cerebal palsy sitting in his wheelchair with a basket of beads to give to the boys when they completed the archery range. He couldn't pass them out himself and had another boy with him actually dipping into the beads and passing them out.

After looking at her website, I'm still scratching my head over how she can do a rope challenge and be a cheerleader though??? A cheerleader confined to a wheelchair and using a computer voice to communicate?