A Contract for Good Conduct on Big Trip

If they are taking the oath every week, what good would come from a contract? If you don't trust them, what example of trustworthyness do they have? They are making a contract with themselves when they say the oath. When on a trip, I expect my scouts to have age appropriate behavior. If I wanted them to act like adults, I would hang with adults. However, inappropriate behavior should have consequences. That should be discussed ahead of time. That way, when you follow through with it, you are keeping your end of the bargain. Then they learn to trust you at your word.

Doug

ASM7,Has hit the nail on the head. I hate long lists "what is, and what isn't acceptable."The only thing that I normally add as a footnote, is that in our unit, Scouting is a safe haven, where no one gets hurt in body or in spirit.

How old are your girls? How long and how far away is the trip? Are any parents going?

I have never used contracts but I have heard of troops that did. Mostly they were for younger girls. They spelled out what the expected behavior was and the consequences for not following the rules. Both parents and scout signed the contract.

Nut :)