Ken Hager Elected as 2007 NER Chief

Ken Hager of Section NE-4B was elected to serve as the 2007 Northeast Region Chief earlier today at the National Planning Meeting in Dallas, TX.

Congratulations to Ken as he leads the Northeast Region into the 2007 year.

Ken Hager is an Eagle Scout from Troop 610 in Uniontown, Pennsylvania and is always found doing something that involves Scouting. Currently, Ken is the Section NE-4B Chief in his second term, just following his two-year term as Lodge Chief of Wagion Lodge #6. Recently in his home lodge, Ken was presented with the Thunderbird Award, being only the 102 person to ever receive the honor. He has attended the past two NOACs and was a member of the 2006 NOAC Shows Staff at Michigan State University. Ken hopes to some day become a schoolteacher in his hometown, and will be working towards that goal at California University of Pennsylvania in the fall. Ken is looking forward to an awesome year for the Northeast Region!

Ken was just a little fellow when he went as a Scout to the 2001 National Jamboree.

I was knew I was very fortunate to have such a great Lad in the Jamboree Troop.

Over the years Ken and OJ became very good friends and I watched as Ken grew into the great "Kid" he is.

Back in 2005 I was honored when he again joined me at the National Jamboree, this time as the JASM.

I really am overjoyed to see one of "My" boys do so well and I'm sure he will serve the region well as Chief.

Eamonn.