Whats going to happen to NOAC in 2010?

Actually, that isn't true.

There will be a NOAC in 2006.

However, there will be no NOAC in 2008. Instead, they are planning some new nationwide service project focused on several national parks. The current thinking is to have Arrowmen get together at several parks at the same time and carry out one of the largest single service projects in history.

Then the plan is to wait until after the 2010 Jambo which will celebrate the 100th birthday of BSA.

After that, they will have the next NOAC on an odd year so that in 2015 there will be a NOAC for the 100th birthday of OA.

Or at least that is the plan as of the last I had heard.

Hello Brothers,

I have just gotten back from Western Region NLATS and we had a time set aside for a Roundtable with Region Key 3 and National Committee Members. Present at this Roundtable was Clyde Mayer. Clyde is the National OA Director (National Staff Adviser). During the Roundtable Clyde discussed the future plans for the OA. He stated that the next NOAC will be

Sorry about that I never looked to se my post. Don't know why that happened. Anyway where did I leave off. The next NOAC will be in 2006 at Michigan State University. Then in 2008 the Order will under take a joint project with the US Forestry Dept on conservation projects in US National Parks in 4 parts of the United States. Then in 2009 there will be a National Learder Summit like

I don't know why its keeps cutting off my post like that. Let me keep going.Then in 2009 there will be a National Learder Summit like the one they had a few years ago. Then the next NOAC will be in 2011 to get on the odd year cycle so that in 2015 the 100th Anniversary of the Order they would have a NOAC. So both nldscout and Proud Eagle you are both right.

Aloha,

Ken

• 4 months later...

I wish that national would have inquired about what the youth thought about this since it is our program. I personnally like the way noac is set up now. On a major university campus with everything they do there going on. I just don't think that NOAC will be the same if they do this.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Overactivearrowman, they handled it very well. If NOAC and Jambo wereboth in 2010, it would defintely conflict and the last thing the OA wants to do is detract from the Scouting program. The 2008 Service Extravaganza ( I seriously doubt that this is the true name of it) is an awesome idea, somewhat similar to Southern's One Day of Service, but this is nationwide!. Then we get on the odd number of year in 2011 celebrating the 100th anniversary of OA in 2015, wouldn't it be horrible if they kept the even year and there isn't some sort of celebration?

• 4 months later...

First I've heard of another NLS. This would mean 5 years between NOACs! (only about 3 people from each lodge would go to the NLS).

My understanding is the following:

2006- NOAC at Michigan State University

2007- lodge training at the region(?) levels for 08 Service Event

2008- National Service Event (they showed info on this at Jambo. Its less like the Southern Region One Day of Service and MORE like Trail Crew/Wilderness Voyage/OAOA at 5 different National Parks/Forests around the country)

2009- NOAC

2010- 100th Anniversary Jamboree

2011,2013- NOAC

2015- 100th Anniversary of OA NOAC

Now, something that some of us have suggested is another 'Indian Summer'. Someone at OA National said basically there is no need for one, as we do the same sort of things at NOAC. Sorry, but as a member of AIA (American Indian Activities) staff both at Indian Summer and the past NOAC (when we incorporated a lot of the craft stuff we did at IS), I can say there is NO comparison. As an AIA staffer, I found Indian Summer a VERY fun experience, even with all the stuff I had to do. NOAC 2004 was very exhausing for me and many other staffers as we were overtaxed to do all the sessions, and had little-no free time to enjoy the rest of NOAC. (sorry, had to vent a little :)).