How you kept track of scouts at OA function? We check them in them on Friday night but never again Some will check out on Sunday most do not. My fear is that late Sunday afternoon there will be parent to pick up their scout and no scout. At troop functions a much tighter control is kept if someone is not a breakfast we start searching right away not at an end of weekend . At a normal OA breakfast no one would know if a scout was missing.

:-)

Back in 1974, the first W4C Conclave was at Nellis AFB outside of Las Vegas. A group of us skipped out on the Saturday actives to go into town. We got a major lecture when we finally got back late that night.

Honestly, I've no idea how we manage to not lose anyone. People tend to just leave when their ride picks them up. For the scouts in the troop, they will be riding together for Ordeals and Conclave. Lodge fellowships are more individual, with older scouts often driving themselves to it. Chapter meetings and LEC are also individuals being responsible for themselves.

For candidates, the elangomats are responsible for keeping track of them. In one instance I also had candidate dad helping keep track of special needs candidate son, and darn glad too. Son got away from me, the other elangomat, and dad. Luckily we found him within 5 minutes about 50 yards ahead of us working on the trail, but it was a LONG 5 minutes for all of us.

For members we work as a chapter.

If you organize campsites by chapter, that promotes accountability. Require everyone to check out with the chapter chief, and then assemble all the chiefs to make sure everyone's signed out. If someone comes up as still being in camp, start making calls.

No one should be going to an inductions or service weekend and just "floating" aimlessly. Everyone should have a specific job, which introduces another measure of accountability. At check-in, have the secretary or check-in staff note the member's job - physical arrangements? general work crew? ceremonies? - and then pass those lists out to the crew chiefs. If someone doesn't show up for their job on Saturday morning after breakfast, you start looking.

That also provides a chance to hook in those new members coming to the first weekend after being inducted who *are* just kind of floating - "Oh, you don't have a job yet? Let me introduce you to Paul. He's in charge of the kitchen crew, and we need someone to cut up onions ..." ;)

After Saturday evening, candidates should be welcomed by their chapters and taken under the wing of the chapter chief. The elangomats can continue hanging out with them if desired, but in my experience, most elangomats just want a hot shower and a nap.