OA camping nights for adults...

Having a discussion in the troop about what camping nights are eligible to be counted for OA membership for adult leaders:

- camping while taking Wood Badge (2 weekend course)

- camping during IOLS training (held @ local Council camp)

Yes, no, cheesy? Opinions, please. The OA web site says "Boy Scout camping" is what is eligible (I assume to differentiate from non-Scouting events).

The same camping requirements for youth apply for adults. They are:

"After registration with a troop or team, have experienced 15 days and nights of Boy Scout camping during the two-year period prior to the election. The 15 days and nights must include one, but no more than one, long-term camp consisting of six consecutive days and five nights of resident camping, approved and under the auspices and standards of the Boy Scouts of America. The balance of the camping must be overnight, weekend, or other short-term camps."

I would count an NYLT course split up over two weekends for a youth (or a weeklong course for the long-term camping). Applying the same standards would lead me to count Wood Badge and IOLS for adults.

I would agree. During elections this year, the question came up about a kid using Jamobree or high advneture for his long term camping instead of summer camp. The answer back from the Lodge was it counts.