Does anybody know.....

.... a source for the red and white ribbon used in the OA pocket drops? I have a couple of very old sterling silver ones I would like to use, but the ribbon is faded and grungy (from cheerful service?). I have looked everywhere, all the shops here and online. One would think a simple red and white 3/8" ribbon would be easy to find. It is easily available in wider widths, but not 3/8". Help!

• 2 weeks later...

The easy way would be to buy a new one, liberate the ribbon and transfer it to your old arrow.

The other option would be to go to a fabric story and buy really short lengths of gosgrain ribbon, which is the material that the modern ribbons (and shoulder loops) are made of. You could also just buy a red/white ribbon drape (also gosgrain) and pare it down.

Thanks, guys. I've been to every fabric store in the area. I've thought about finding a red/white/blue ribbon and trimming off the blue. Elmer's rubbed in would maybe keep it from raveling. I just figured that surely somebody had that ribbon in 3/8. It's no problem finding it in 5/8, 1" and even 1 1/2.

And, Packsaddle, I fully relate to your comments, but I do have the rest of the uniforms well squared away, so I should try to match. >chuckle

WOA,

Instead of Elmers, invest in a professional fray guard solution you can find in craft stores. I use it on all my ribbonwork for my Straight Dance rig, and only the areas of hard use (my otter drop that has ribbons draggin on the ground to be specific)have frayed. And the solution does help make those ribbons last a little longer.