Announcement at the national Meeting that the Order of the Arrow will Summit Corps next summer in the New River Gorge. The project will last for 4 weeks and will do trail work that connects the New River Gorge with the Bechtel Summit. I suspect that some work may be to help prepare for the 2013 National Scout Jamboree.

So this is the national activity instead of NAOC this time around?

The post I read from the OA Facebook page made it sound like this was going to be an annual event akin to the OA service/paddle at Norther Tier...

It might become an annual event like Trail Crew or Wilderness Voyage. There's a lot of infrastructure that needs to be built first. Councils were surveyed a little while back concerning their support of ArrowCorps5, if they had held a similar event locally, and if they would support something in West Virginia. Looks like they got enough people saying "yes" that they went for it. NOAC will be in 2012 and 2015. It's tough to compete for participation against NOAC.

What I'm hearing is that NOAC will be back in Michigan in 2012. Its not clear what schools will have NOACs in the future.

I was told we'd have another Indian Summer in 2011. Is that off now with this Summit event?

"Indian Summer" was an event OA ran back in 2003, as a continuation of the old National Pow Wow that were run ever so often in between NOAC. It focused on Native American culture, as well as Ceremonies. It was held at Ridgecrest, NC.

The hope was we'd have another one in an open year, and everything I was told by some people at the National level was we'd have another in 2011.

I've heard that both the Summit and Indian Summer will happen next summer. I've already been recruited to staff Indian Summer.

NOAC will be at Michigan State in 2012. I've heard rumors of it returning there in 2015 or back to Indiana (if Indiana gets all the dorms rebuilt in time).

"I've heard that both the Summit and Indian Summer will happen next summer."

Well, that's good to know.

"I've already been recruited to staff Indian Summer."

Congrats on that.

I'd love to staff Indian Summer again, but don't expect to be asked.

emb021:

Of course things could change. I haven't heard anything else since they announced the Summit for next summer. I've served with the OA Administrative Services/Logisitics crew since ArrowCorps and they tend to recruit from the same group. I was asked to help with logistics at Indian Summer about 2 weeks ago. I could always help teach/train also since I've been involved in ceremonies and can sing Northern & Southern Plains songs.