Yes, correct. Circa 1990. Had to have X hours of "cheerful service" and attend X number of events, as i recall. Couldn't find anything online, but I don't think they are particularly rare. The owner might appreciate getting it back, though. Probably worth 10-20 bucks on ebay.

• 3 months later...

The item is not a Unami issue, but gives a nod to Unami as our founding lodge. The awards correct name is: Order of the Arrow 75th Anniversary Founder's Award (no relationship to the current Founder's Award).

The award could be earned in 1990 by youth and adult members by completing several requirements in areas of: Service, Attendance/Activity, and Academics/Training. The award was earned by a large percent of active arrowmen in 1990 - twenty years ago. This is a one issue per qualifying member, with no option for replacement of the award.

Today this award is highly sought after be collectors, and those seeking to replace ones lost or worn out. I just saw one of these close on ebay at about $40.00. The gentleman who lost the award will assuredly hold it dear, and want it back.

• 8 months later...

I was one of the fortunate Arrowmen who where able to earn the "75th Anniversary Award" in 1990. I went through my ordeal in early spring and was able to finish before the year ended. I still wear it and I've only seen one other person with one (and I'm very careful not to lose it).

Here are the requirements, straight from "The Brotherhood of Cheerful Service: A History of the Order of the Arrow", which was a book that was published for the 75th Anniversary.

Youth Requirements: (Complete 3 of 5 requirements in each category)

I. Quest for Chapter and Lodge Development:

1. Attain Brotherhood membership or if Brotherhood, help another Arrowman through his attainment of Brotherhood.

2. Help conduct an Order of the Arrow election in a unit other than your own.

3. Serve on a chapter or lodge committee or as a chapter or lodge officer.

4. Serve as a member of a lodge ceremonial team or as an Elangomat.

5. Participate in a minimum of 3 of the following:

Lodge officer training

National Leadership Seminar

National Order of the Arrow Conference

Section Conclave

Lodge council camp service project

Ordeal/Brotherhood ceremony (other than your own)

National jamboree

BSA high adventure program

II. Quest for Scouting and Community Development:

1. Recruit two new boys or adult into Scouting.

2. Participate in council "Scout Show" or district camporee event.

3. Assist in a unit's camp promotion program (other than your own).

4. Be responsible for signing up tow Scouts for Summer Camp.

5. Participate in at least two chapter or lodge community service projects.

III. Quest for Personal Development:

1. Advance one Scout rank, or as an Explorer fulfill your responsibilities in your post.

2. Serve on a summer camp staff.

3. Promote the correct wearing of the uniform through personal example.

4. Deepen your spiritual commitment by earning the emblem of your religious faith.

5. Serve on the studen council or as a class officer in your school.

Adult Requirements: (Complete 3 of 5 requirements in each category)

I. Quest for Chapter and Lodge Development:

1. Attain Brotherhood membership or if Brotherhood, help another Arrowman through his attainment of Brotherhood.

2. Serve as a chapter or lodge adviser or committee adviser.

3. Participate in at least one of the major events of the lodge (fellowship, pow wow, Ordeal, ect.).

4. Provide transportation/leadership for youth to at least one Order of the Arrow unit election and/or camp promotion program (other than your own unit).

5. Encourage youth to participate by giving leadership to a minimum of four of the following:

Lodge officer training

National Leadership Seminar

National Order of the Arrow Conference

Section Conclave

Lodge council camp service project

Ordeal/Brotherhood ceremony (other than your own)

II. Quest for Scouting and Community Development:

1. Recruit two new boys or adult into Scouting.

2. Serve as a unit leader (SM, ASM, committeeman) or on a district or council committee.

3. Help organize a new scout unit.

4. Participate financially in your local council's "Friends of Scouting" program.

5. Participate in a community service organization. (Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis, Jaycees, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Boys' Club, etc.)

III. Quest for Personal Development:

1. Participate in or give leadership to an adult training session that you have not participated in before.

2. Serve as a campmaster for one weekend or as a summer camp commissioner.

3. Be responsible for your unit's participation in a council summer camp program and at least two weekend camping experiences in 1 year.

4. Participate in a training session for alcohol and drug abuse and/or child abuse program.

5. Serve on a community or church committee. (PTO, PTA, church council, civic club, political campaign, etc.)

For me the hardest part of the "Quest for Chapter and Lodge Development", especially since I was a brand new Aroowman in a tiny lodge, which was overseas. Luckily my father was an Arrowman as a youth and was more than happy to become involved in the Chapter and Lodge after I went through my Ordeal.(This message has been edited by eaglescout1996)