Order of the Arrow Admonition

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be able to get into most ceremonies with this password:

"Bawitdaba-da bang-da-bang-diggy-diggy-diggy

said the boogie-said up jump the boogie"

There are certain hand motions associated with it.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Since your a Chief you need to know the admonition so here's a hint:

Your first step on the path to discover the Admonition is a jump to Brotherhood,

then if you accept the challenge and are willing to memorize,

you will find the Admonition.

If you find the right place you will even hear Allowat Sakima whisper it to you.

I agree with Knight in that it is the meaning which must be taken to heart, however, I must respectfully disagree with the comment that the pronunciation is irrelevant - if the OA (or anybody for that matter) borrows a word from another culture, at least do them the respect of at least attempting to get the pronunciation correct; in this case here, it's not a difficult one (fortunatly it's a much shorter word in Lnape than its English translation :)).

• 1 month later...

The BEST ever response I was given to the question...

Older Scouter, original uniform (mid 40's),whispered hush voice, "it's been 40 years since I have been to an OA event, two wars and two wives..." I stopped him after that, gripped his hand and said "Welcome back!"

P.S. I think the Kingsman passed the rites onto Metallica. Metallica very cleverly spread information throughout the Master of Puppets album. I used to listen to the album in its entirety prior to any OA event.

WOW! When my son was 11 and inducted into the OA for ordeal, I asked him how it went and what had happened when he returned from the weekend. He looked at me (in those days, he still looked UP to me!) and said, in his best Maverick voice, "I could tell you, Mom, but then I'd have to kill you!"

I still have no clue what happened and he is now a Brotherhood member.