This past Sunday, a young adult who earned his Eagle in my Troop committed suicide. The details are sketchy. He if 3 months younger than my own son. His two younger brothers are in my Troop & his mom is my CC and his dad is one of my ASM's. I have know this family for over 15 years & my wife and myself were instrumental in getting them involved in Scouting. This is devestating. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Ed,

I am so sorry for you and the family of the young man, both immediate and extended, including his Scouting family.

This will be at least one voiced raised in prayer.

Mark

Ed,

I am very sorry that this loss has come into your life and the lives of those in your unit.

The prayers of Pack, Troop & Crew 88 are with the young man's family, your unit & all who were touched by this tragedy. I especially encourage our youth to remember the good those who have died have done & the families they have left behind. We will share your request for prayers with those in our network.

Bob

Ed;

My old Troop suffered the same tragedy several years after I had graduated and moved on. It is a terrible loss.

Please let everyone in you unit know that the entire Scout family shares your grief and has you all in their thoughts and prayers.

That's a very sad situation. I pray that you will have the wisdom to deal with the two younger brothers. That's going to be a tough job. I will say a prayer for this family...death is always a tough issue, but the suicide of a young person is the worst.(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

Ed,

My deepest sympathy in the loss of you and your scouts and scouters. I have lost three fine young men the same way over the years. One was in my troop , one I worked with on district events and the third was a camp staffer over a number of years. Each was a wonderful person that touched my life and the lives of my scouts. When you give so much to youth, it makes such even more painful.

You and all of your folks are in our prayers here in Minnesota. My God grant peace of spirit in this time of terrible loss.