OA Brotherhood requirements

I am wondering when the Brotherhood Hike was taken out of the National OA Guide to Inductions, because it is in the copy i have and take place prior to the Brotherhood Ceremony with very specific instructions for the hike and talking points for the way points.

We also conduct a Review at Conversion to Brotherhood which includes testing on the Obligation and Song. We hand them a series of questions to work on filling in to help them recall their Pre-Ordeal and Ordeal because they are in a fog and don't catch the important aspects of the Ordeal. The same reason the Brotherhood Ceremony was changed 3 years ago, to help with recall.

I have also been wondering about Brotherhood stuff lately; I am going through the Brotherhood ceremony next month but have received precious little information to help me prepare. If anybody can help me with whatever I need to know while still maintaining the protocols of privacy, I would be deeply obliged.

When did the Brotherhood Hike become mandatory?  Back when I received Brotherhood, it didn't exist. Sometime in the late 1990s or early 2000s it became an option or a recommendation.

If I had to take a guess, they took it our in 2015 when the new Brotherhood Ceremony came out.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:24 AM, The Latin Scot said:

I have also been wondering about Brotherhood stuff lately; I am going through the Brotherhood ceremony next month but have received precious little information to help me prepare. If anybody can help me with whatever I need to know while still maintaining the protocols of privacy, I would be deeply obliged.

From what I remember, you need to memorize and recite the admonition, the song, and the obligation as well as know the handclasp and the sign of ordeal membership. Remember the challenges you underwent during your ordeal and there may be a few ceremonial names and symbols as well that I don't remember but those are the big ones.