OA Elections - How many can be elected?

OK, here is the math. We have 56 scouts on our roster, and 11 of these are OA eligible this year. Assuming I have the 50% quorum present to hold our Troop vote in the OA elections next week, how many can be elected? According to the OA Troop Support Pack, anyone receiving 50% of the votes is elected. But, I have also been told (by another SM, undocumented) that there is a limit to the number of votes a scout may cast on each ballot, of 50% of the names on each ballot. This would limit us to 5 or 6 elected scouts, max. Which is correct?

All 11 scouts could be elected. Maybe that SM had '50' in his head from adult selection limits. If the troop elects at least 1 youth, then the troop committee can chose to recommend for OA selection up to 1 adult for every 50 registered, active youth. In your troop, that could be 0, 1, or 2 adults assuming they've met the camping requirements.

OK, that agrees with everything I had been reading. I would rather see all the scouts have a chance to get in and not be limited by an artificial limit. If they each get the 50%+ vote, they are in.

The answers you received (and your conclusion) are correct. Even under the old system though, unlikely as it would be, they could still have all been elected (if an even number of candidates).

BDPT00