I still have my ordeal and brotherhood sashes. The brotherhood sash went to a few conclaves, three summer camps, 4 ordeals, etc. and it may not be as bright a white as it began, but it still looks good. I know for a fact that they were cleaned (by me, but for the life of me, I can't recall how). I do remember having to iron it after every washing. BTW, the colors didn't bleed.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dryclean it. My sons did and they came back great. Don't wear it when doing hard labor unless you're an elangomat. The loose clothing could get caught up and be a safety hazard. The leaders are responsible for scouts in their care so take them off for work parties.

in reference to elangomats: my lodge created some "elangomat" sashes that are black with a white arrow. Only time they are worn is at Ordeals by elangomats doing arduous labor with the candiates. The Ordeal master checks them out, and then checks them in.

• 9 months later...

>>>in reference to elangomats: my lodge created some "elangomat" sashes that are black with a white arrow. Only time they are worn is at Ordeals by elangomats doing arduous labor with the candiates. The Ordeal master checks them out, and then checks them in.

I'm hoping you know they didn't create these, and instead they are replicas of old OA sashes. It's interesting to know, that the first sashes didn't even have an arrow, but it was a black sash with a white bar.(This message has been edited by MichaelOA)

Mike,

Yep I know they are based on the repros. My lodge also has 1 set of regalia tbased upon the orginal regalia worn by the OA: black robes. Three of the guys who created OATC are from my lodge and one of which is a historian. He's came up with it for OATC and my chapter decided to imitate it.

Black sashes are also his idea I presume.

When i came back to my current lodge, when I first heard about the black robes, I was skeptical. that's b/c I've seen some lodges do great jobs with lines, but poor jobs on doing research on regalia. Heard they patterned the regalia after OATC. Still a little skeptical, until I saw it. IT LOOKS GOOD!. When my chapter does get a brotherhood ceremony team together, they will be worn again.

• 3 years later...

Firstly, you should review your basic grammar, and sentence structure, as it makes your problem easier to solve for those who are reviewing it.

On to your question, as some people have already said, Woolite is a useful cleaning agent, but if it is still stained after application, dip a washcloth in bleach, and gently dab the stained area, allow the entire sash to dry before storing.

Firstly, you should review your basic grammar, and sentence structure, as it makes your problem easier to solve for those who are reviewing it.

On to your question, as some people have already said, Woolite is a useful cleaning agent, but if it is still stained after application, dip a washcloth in bleach, and gently dab the stained area, allow the entire sash to dry before storing.

Firstly, you should review your manners. Your first post to an online community is to resurrect a 4 year old post and insult us? Not impressed.