ArrowCorp5 is a one time event being held this summer for youth and adult Arrowmen. There are five, one-week service projects being conducted at five different national parks scattered across then nation. The youth spend most of the week in service (trail clearing, etc.) and have a day or two of fun. It looks like OA is going to fill all five sessions and accomplish some significant projects. For more detailed information, try this website: http://event.oa-bsa.org/

They've been talking up ArrowCorps5 since 2005 or so, with a big push in the last year.

If arrowmen are not aware of it, are they not subscribing to the National Bulletin? Checking out the National website? Not hearing about it a Section Conclave/Conference? Or is their lodge not participating?

Around here I would guess that the lodge is not participating. I am not in OA but it is well known in my neck of the woods that our lodge is undergoing some turn-over and needs a fresh start. Since none of the OA members in our troop, including some adults who are otherwise pretty well connected, had heard of this program, I have to conclude that the OA folks just haven't gotten the word out. Too bad because it looks like a great opportunity.

• 3 months later...

I'm attending George Washington-Jefferson as a squad leader. Not sure if I'm at Warm Springs or James River site yet. I also serve as the S4S adult coordinator for AC5 (Arrow Corps 5).